HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » Proverbs 12:25 (Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.)
Proverbs 12:25 [message #190] Tue, 09 May 2017 21:11 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
Proverbs 12:25 (AMP) Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.
Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #195 is a reply to message #190] Mon, 15 May 2017 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good(encouraging) word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading is as we live in the world, we are not sure what is going to happen in the next minute. This uncertainty of life makes us to worry about our future. These worries in our mind about the future make our hearts feel heavy and lose hope. As a believer we should not lose hope and be encouraged with the word of God. He is the one on whom we can put trust, as he is the one who holds our future.

If we look into the scripture from Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

It is the word of God giving us assurance to trust him for anything that comes in the future. It is for our Good, God is allowing the things(good or bad).

scripture Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Even if we go through the difficulties of this worldly life we need to trust in God as the word of God gives us the strong assurance that he will help us to pass through the difficult situation.

If God is for us who can be against us. This scripture will give us a hope that God is our refuge and fortress. If we lean on him by believing his word, he will certainly hold our future and lead us to a life with no worries.

APPLICATION: My application for this scripture is that we have to put trust in God and believe in him for the future. Often times when the things won't work out as we planned, we worry a lot and we lose hope and keep thinking in our own ability to take further steps. But instead if we trust in God and depend on him by praying to reveal his plan in our lives, his grace is sufficient for us to deal with all the issues that we are facing.

PRAYER: Heavenly father, please give me a little faith to trust in you, and reveal your plans for my future to live a life that encourages others to believe in you.

Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #196 is a reply to message #190] Tue, 16 May 2017 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:
Proverbs 12:25 (AMP) Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.

Observation:
As NKJV Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad. The right term for anxiety is "melancholy". Melancholy is a feeling of deep sadness with not just one cause. It is a gloomy state of mind prolonged. In such situation, the state of mind is very fragile. It is heaviness in the heart; it is a load of care, and fear, and sorrow, depressing, and disabling and disengaging people from responsibilities and activities.

A discouraging word flares up the sadness and it multiples. But a Good Word makes the heart glad.
Good Word -1: Encouraging words of men
We are called to speak encouraging words in such situation.

Good Word-2: A good word from God, applied by faith, makes it glad; Such as
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain you;
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Application:
When I go through such situation, I should know to apply God's Word by faith.
When others go through such situation, I should be able to encourage them with my words and with God's Word.

Prayer:
Lord help me to arise when I go into such situation in my life and keep me a source of comfort and encouragement for others.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:10] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #197 is a reply to message #190] Tue, 16 May 2017 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel is currently offline  Joel
Scripture: Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:28 (NKJV)

Observation: As Christians we are called to be anxious for nothing. Instead we are to bring our supplications to God in Prayer and Thanksgiving. We cannot achieve anything by worrying. We are created to be happy and joyful children of God.

Application: Sometimes we are unconsiously anxious about things that are at the back of our mind. As God's children, we should take time to analyze our minds, if there is anything causing us to worry and commit that worry to the feet of God and worry no more.

Prayer: Lord help me to be anxious for nothing but to bring everything in Prayer and to trust in Your power and provision. Amen.
Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #198 is a reply to message #190] Tue, 16 May 2017 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajaa is currently offline  rajaa
Scripture:

Observations:
The everyday anxiety, the fears and cares that give us heavy hearts when things are not going as we had hoped. We all suffer from this kind of anxiety. Anxiety is more like being deserted, not knowing what to da and how to react. In such situations , a good word will be like a ray of light for us. though these encouraging words will not provide a solution for the problem we are going through, but it sure will cheer us to find a solution. Such good encouraging words will make us feel that we need to move forward with all we have got not worrying about the failure which might be occur. since God will shield us from all the obstacles that will raise upon us.

Application:
we should never let our anxiety take over. we should always remember that we're children of god and god never leaves us deserted.
As a children of god, we should always tell right things to our friend who is undergoing anxiety. our words should make the cause of their anxiety disappear.

Prayer:

Dear God help to control my anxiety and do not let it take over me.
God, provide me with your wise words to help out my friend who is in anxiety. You talk to them through me, lord.
Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #199 is a reply to message #190] Tue, 16 May 2017 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob is currently offline  Jacob
Scripture:
Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, But a good (encouraging) word makes it glad.

Observations:
We should not set our mind on worldly things:

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you
Matthew 6:33

We should have faith:

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:6

We have to think good things

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

Application:

Am I worry about worldly things?
Am i have faith in my prayer?
Am I think positively (good things)?

Prayer:
Dear Lord help me to have more faith.

Re: Proverbs 12:25 [message #200 is a reply to message #190] Tue, 16 May 2017 20:41 Go to previous message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
Scripture :

Observation :

Anxiety Can Make us Feel Physically Sick; Make us Feel So Bad. Negative thoughts feed on each other. You may worry about not having enough money. Next you think, "What if I lose my job?" Then you wonder you could ask for help and next thing, you're feeling alone and unsupported. Your mind will keep bringing them up again as a reminder that you have an ongoing problem that needs to be handled even when there is nothing you can actually do to make it better.

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.- Mathew 6:31-34

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
We have to encourage each other in Christ.In some situation we are not able to help people , but we can encourage them with nice words and motivate them, they will be glad.

Application :

We should not think about negative things in our life. We will submit everything to GOD and he will provide all our needs. Whenever we meet people those who needs something from us, we will help them at the same time we will encourage them and give positive words. we should ask them to believe in Christ always

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Prayer :
Heavenly father, help us to have cheerful hearts. forgive all our negative thoughts. Help us to have good faith in you.
Previous Topic: Proverbs 17:3
Next Topic: Matthew 10:34
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:34:31 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04589 seconds