HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving] (2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving])
2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving] [message #1108] Tue, 09 March 2021 22:01 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Administering the Gift
9 Now concerning the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you; 2 for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority. 3 Yet I have sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this respect, that, as I said, you may be ready; 4 lest if some Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we (not to mention you!) should be ashamed of this [a]confident boasting. 5 Therefore I thought it necessary to [b]exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a [c]grudging obligation.

The Cheerful Giver
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows [d]bountifully will also reap [e]bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [f]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written:

"He has dispersed abroad,
He has given to the poor;
His righteousness endures forever."

10 Now [g]may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, [h]supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, 13 while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, 14 and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
Re: 2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving] [message #1115 is a reply to message #1108] Tue, 16 March 2021 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATIONS:

The SOURCE of our ABILITY to give: Everything we have has been given us as a gift from God. Let's focus on what God has allowed us to have, not on what we don't have, and let's be grateful.
"It is God who gives you the ability to produce wealth," Deut 8:18.
"We brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it," I Tim 6:7

Our RESPONSIBILITY to the Owner of everything: It's not how much we have but what we do with what we've been given that is important
God says in Lev 25:23, "The land is Mine and you are but My tenants." Levi 25:23
I Peter 4:10, "As each has received a gift, faithfully employ it to serve others, as good stewards of God's grace."

Our ACCOUNTABILITY to God: We answer to Him. God appraises our contributions to His Kingdom
"Each of us will give an account of himself to God" (Rom 14:12)

Our JOY in giving: Let's be happy that we're able to give
"God loves a cheerful giver" (II Cor. 9:7);
"It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

The INTENT in our giving :We give out of love for God. Giving should come from the heart. II Cor. 8:12, "If the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable.

APPLICATIONS

God promises in our reading that He will open the floodgates of Heaven and pour out blessings.
We have to trust God and giving cheerfully
Re: 2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving] [message #1116 is a reply to message #1108] Tue, 16 March 2021 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripts:

Administering the Gift
9 Now concerning the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you; 2 for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority. 3 Yet I have sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this respect, that, as I said, you may be ready; 4 lest if some Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we (not to mention you!) should be ashamed of this [a]confident boasting. 5 Therefore I thought it necessary to [b]exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a [c]grudging obligation.

The Cheerful Giver
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows [d]bountifully will also reap [e]bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [f]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written:

"He has dispersed abroad,
He has given to the poor;
His righteousness endures forever."

10 Now [g]may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, [h]supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, 13 while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, 14 and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Observation:

Give to god generously and not as a grudging obligation.

Deuteronomy 15:10
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.

He who sows small will also reap small, and he who sows abundantly will also reap abundantly.
each one should give as he intend in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity
God will bless you with all his grace abound, He makes you sufficient in all things, have an abundance for every good work.
God is our supplier, he supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness.
1 Chronicles 29:14
"But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.

Application:
Be a Cheerful Giver, God loves a cheerful giver. Cheerful heart
Be enriched in everything, and give thanksgiving through us to God
glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ
Thanks be to God for His indescribable goodness in our life

Prayer:
Lord God bless us with your exceeding grace ...
Re: 2 Corinthians 9 [Cheerful Giving] [message #1117 is a reply to message #1116] Tue, 16 March 2021 21:38 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:

Boasting on Giving:
Apostle Paul boast about Corinthian's ability to give and refresh the heart of saints. Similarly, Apostle John boast about his followers walking in the truth [3 John 1:4]. Child of God's love towards Christ will reveal how they love the neighbor through their actions including gift of giving.
Acts 10:1-2, Cornelius gave alms generously to the poor people and prayed to God always. It came up for a memorial before God. Lord even send Apostle Peter to send to Cornelius to teach about Christ and the salvation.

When God talked about Israel's sacrifice, He said in Psalms 50:10-12, "For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. For the world is Mine, and all it contains. Also, in Acts 7:49 'Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the LORD, or what is the place of My rest?

Cheerful Giving:

our Lord loves cheerful giver. As he mentioned in Matthew 6:24, You cannot serve God and wealth. Lord Christ wants us to break the dependency on treasure and wealth so we are always dependent on His providence. We get everything from God as it is written in Romans 11:36, For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Application:
Our Lord wants us to leave everything behind before becoming His disciple. When Jesus asked the rich ruler to sell all that he possesses and distribute it to poor, he went away sad because he don't want to do that. Jesus then said to all his disciples, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God. [Luke 18:22,29]

Proverb 19:19 says, He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, And He will pay back what he has given.
Previous Topic: 2 Corinthians 8:1-24 [Giving]
Next Topic: 2 Corinthians 10 [Spiritual Warfare and Authority]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:57:15 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11115 seconds