HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 3: 4-6 (Sin and the Child of God)
1 John 3: 4-6 [message #474] Tue, 03 April 2018 21:54 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 3: 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
Re: 1 John 3: 4-6 [message #475 is a reply to message #474] Mon, 09 April 2018 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURES:

1 John 3: 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

OBSERVATIONS

This verse stresses the fact that man is, by nature, sinful. Man has a need and that need is to be delivered from sin.We feel that the sins that we hear on the news or read in the newspapers are the ones that the Bible is talking about. Murder, burglary, rape, incest, adultery. Surely those sins are a lot worse than telling a lie, gossiping, looking lustfully at someone.The fact is, in God's eyes, a sin is a sin. To God sin is lawlessness. It is violating the law of God. Spreading a tidbit of gossip about someone is just as bad as shooting him or her through the heart and killing them. If we are going to be pure in heart, we need to know how God looks at sin.
FOR INSTANCE, TO GOD:
Sin is choosing to go your own way instead of doing what God says.

• Sin is living like YOU want instead of living as God says.

• Sin is not doing what God says to do.

• Sin is disbelieving what God says.

• Sin is ignoring God instead of following and worshipping Him as He says.

• Sin is denying that God wants you to accept Jesus Christ as Lord of your life.

So we need to first face the fact that every one of us needs to be delivered from sin. Now once we finally accept the fact that we do need to be delivered from sin then we understand more fully the provision for that deliverance. We understand more clearly that Christ took away our sins. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to earth to take away our sins. That means that when Jesus Christ died, His death was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. God accepted Jesus' death as the perfect sacrifice for sins.

And what that means is that when we really believe in Jesus Christ, God counts Jesus' sacrifice for us. God doesn't require that each of us be executed for our sins. Christ paid that price for us. All we have to do now is accept Jesus Christ and our sinful ways are covered.

APPLICATION:

A true believer is still short of God's glory. He still sins. You are still human, you cannot keep from sinning all the time, not perfectly. But trying to be free from sin means that sin is not the dominant focus in your life.Remember that the price has been paid so that you can be delivered from that sin. Then focus on Christ and you will no longer be enslaved to sin. Do all this and you pass test that proves that you really LOVE God.

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, we want to abide in you all the time so that we do not sin. Please help us to overcome the temptation and sin in our life.

Re: 1 John 3: 4-6 [message #476 is a reply to message #474] Tue, 10 April 2018 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:

Observation:
V4 - Committing sin is breaking the law. Anyone who breaks the law deserves punishment.

V5- Jesus Christ came to take away our sins so that we don't get punished. As in Him there is no sin, He is worthy to take away our sins.

V6- No one can abide in Christ without seeing Him or knowing Him. If we know Christ personally, we don't sin. No one can say that I abide in Him and continue to remain in sin.

I think what we just said above remains as plain English, if we don't have any relationship with Christ.

These verses make no sense if we don't know the definition of sin. At times we try to define sin according to our own convenience and say this is sin and this is not.

To know what is sin, scripture is the reference, prompting of the Holy Spirit in our conscience is the definition. Once we ignore the above, we lose the definition of sin. We may continue to live a Christian life, but we are already deceived.

Application:

If Christi lives in me, I can't sin. If I abide in Christ, I don't sin. If I sin that means, I don't know Christ.
    I shouldn't try to alter the definition of sin according to my own convenience.
    I should always listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit as He convicts me of sin according to John 16:8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Prayer:
Lord help me not to get deceived by trying to have both sin and Christ in me together.
Re: 1 John 3: 4-6 [message #477 is a reply to message #474] Tue, 10 April 2018 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture

Observation
Laws are given by god to protect ourseves from sin. If we break the laws then we are commiting a sin. As there is no sin in our god we should stay away from sin.
When you abides in him gods sprit and love will fill you and you never wish to break the laws.
when you know our god more and more you never want to get in to sin and you believe God will forgive and forget our sins.

Application
Am I obey to gods commandments?
Am I away from sins?

Prayer
Lord help us to abide in you and stay away from sin.
Re: 1 John 3: 4-6 [message #478 is a reply to message #477] Tue, 10 April 2018 21:03 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:
Sin brings death and whoever has the habit of practicing sins are of the children of this World (devil). It brings grief to the Lord as mentioned in Genesis 6:5 when every intention of the thoughts of Man's heart was only evil continually. Sometimes we fall into the trap of temptation and sins which is very different from practicing Sin.

The Spirit of God gives spiritual birth / life (John 6:63). They are the ones who have been born again through imperishable seed, the living word of God.

Christian walk is a progressive life-time transformation act towards Christ likeness. Just like the seed that fell on to the good soil / ground which grows and yields it fruits, so does the believer who grows in Spirit will keep on doing righteous things. Whoever keeps on doing un-godly things with out repentance are not the one who are are of God.

Application:
These verses are the test for our christian faith walk by which we are to determine whether we are of God/Spirit (or) of the world / flesh. It als warns the believer about the state of his/her spiritual walk.

Prayer:
Lord, help us to abide in you and by the grace of Your Spirit we walk in righteousness
Previous Topic: 1 John 3:2-3 Likeness of Christ
Next Topic: 1 John 3:7-9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:09:26 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04385 seconds