HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] (1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men])
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] [message #844] Tue, 19 May 2020 22:06 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the [e]law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without [f]law toward God, but under [g]law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became [h]as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] [message #845 is a reply to message #844] Tue, 02 June 2020 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture:
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men]
Paul's Use of His Freedom
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Observation:
Though Paul is free spritually and worldly he put him as servant to serve the lord. Paul ready to be a slave to win everyones heart. He desired to bring people into gods kingdom as many as possible.
As a Jew, as a Romam, and as a Gentile. He dont want his origin, practices not to stop him preaching gospel to anybody.
His only aim is how better to serve the lord. Normally servants obey to their masters. Here paul obeyed to god and also ready to serve others for the sake of christ.
Any of his attire, attitude, personalities should not be a hurdle for others when he was preaching.
Here paul not only obeying gods commandment but also get prepared to reach every others as they way they perfer.

Application:
Our life style not only disturb fellow brothers also not to disturb non christians as they view us followers of christ.
We have to do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that we can inherit the eternal blessings.

Acts 13:47
For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Prayer:
Lord god enable us to serve you by serving others
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] [message #846 is a reply to message #844] Tue, 02 June 2020 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATIONS:

We must understand that our focus must be on souls won. Our method can and will change but the message we present will NOT!
Paul attitude was to share the Gospel with all people God placed in his path
Paul understood he must focus his efforts on sharing God's message, and not worry HOW he does it...
We must understand that it is our responsibility to share the Gospel! HOW we do it is NOT as important as THAT we do it...

But the Lord said to him, "Go! For this man is My chosen instrument to take My name to Gentiles, kings, and the Israelites.- Acts 9:15
This calling was fine with Paul & he accepted it because he was willing to take on the attitude of a servant.This calling was fine with Paul & he accepted it because he was willing to take on the attitude of a servant

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, - Matthew 28:18

APPLICATION:

- We must share the gospel to whoever crossed in our path
- we should have servant heart to serve others
- God only wills ave people and not us
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] [message #847 is a reply to message #846] Tue, 02 June 2020 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:
1) Humility and Servant attitude will help us to relate to anyone and also enable us to share the gospel. Jesus being God did not consider himself equality with God, but made himself of no reputation, taking the form of bond-servant and coming in the likeness of men. [Philippians 2:6-7] Jesus is gentle and lowly in heart [Matthew 11:29]

Similarly Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:19, talks about his servant attitude when sharing the gospel and bringing them into the knowledge of God.
2) Understand the needs of others and meet them at their state will give us opportunity to open up with them the gospel truth. Jesus was able to strike a conversation with Samaritan woman and she was amazed and said, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. [John 4:9] Jesus was able to converse with Nicodemus freely and revealed him the greatest truth in John 3:16.

Jesus was not hesitant to touch the leper and cleanse him [Matthew 8:3] Jesus, when a Roman centurion approached him for his servant illness, was ready to go with him to his house and heal him. [Matthew 8:5-6]

Paul also was so approachable to any kind of people whether Jew (or) Gentile (or) King as defined in his calling from the Lord in Acts 9:15 [But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.]

Application:

We should have the attitude of servant-hood towards all because that is the first step God in Christ took to reach unto us. [Matthew 20:26-28, whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. 27 And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave-- 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."]

Just like Jesus washed his disciples feet in the act of humility, we ought to serve one-another as in John 13:16, Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.

Sometimes, we have to endure the persecution just like our Lord endured during the act of our humility as described in John 15:20, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.

We should live a humble and approachable life to all for the sake of gospel.

Prayer:
Dear Lord, please enable us to be like You and apostle Paul in terms of humility and approach-ability for others to share the gospel truth.
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23 [Serving All Men] [message #848 is a reply to message #844] Tue, 02 June 2020 21:28 Go to previous message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Scripture
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the [a]law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without [b]law toward God, but under [c]law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became [d]as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

Observation
Paul's show as an example of how we need to be humble while we serve God. Though we are not slaves to anyone but he's showing that he made himself a servant and he's doing it for the sake of God's ministry.
Paul wants to ensure he's able to connect with all type of people and he doesn't want his behavior a stumbling block to spread the gospel. Unless we are able to connect with people and have a common ground we won't be able to open up for gospel. Even in 1 corinthians 8 we read if eating meat will make him a stumble block to the weak he don't want to do that though he has the freedom two do so.
So the point is for the sake of God he's ready to sacrifice his personal choices.

Application
We need to have similar passion for the gospel like Paul had and always look for opportunities to share the gospel

Prayer
Lord help me to be instrument to preach your gospel and help me to connect to people so that I can share your gospel
Previous Topic: [1 Corinthians 9:1-17] A self Pattern of Self Denial
Next Topic: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 [Striving for a crown]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:35:44 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16211 seconds