HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie (Truth and Lie)
1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #432] Tue, 27 February 2018 21:11 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 2:20-23 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d] 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #433 is a reply to message #432] Mon, 05 March 2018 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURE :
1 John 2:20-23 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d] 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is Antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

OBSERVATION:

This anointing is God's ability to fulfill the purpose that He has ordained or called each one of us into. There is a purpose for every church and for every Christian. God does not create or called people into wantonness. But God has a purpose for everyone.This anointing is by the grace of God. It is not something that we can earn or buy. It is totally a gift of God. Holy Sprint will guide us what is true and false.

The antichrist has not come yet, but his spirit has been actively working in the world through false teachers since the first century. Now why is John writing about these antichrist? John knew that his readers knew the truth, but he also knew that the antichrists were trying to lead them astray. Even though Christians know the truth they can still potentially be lead astray and so John has written to true believers to make sure that they remain true to the faith. John knew that if he wanted his readers to be on guard against antichrists he would need to tell them how to recognize an antichrist.

By denying the Son in this way they were also guilty of denying the Father. "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (2:23). John also records many statements of Jesus in his Gospel that support this. Jesus said: (John 10:30); "I and the Father are one" "(John 14:9) Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father"; and "(John 14:6). I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

APPLICATION :
The scripture is clear in regard to the path the heaven, but there are always those trying to take a shortcut. If there was a town that had only one road leading into it, you could not get to that town if you refused to take that road. Clearly there is no way to get to the Father if one insists on rejecting the only way that leads to the Father. If you are trying to get to heaven by any other means than through Jesus.It is impossible and the bible tells us that without faith in Christ as your savior it is impossible to see heaven.

PRAYER : Heavenly Father Thank you for your anointing. Please help us to understand what is right according to scripture.

Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #434 is a reply to message #432] Mon, 05 March 2018 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d] 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. 1 John 2:20-23

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading is, John is writing to emphasis on Trinity(triune God), The Father,the Son and the Holy Spirit. And he is telling about the truth, When the truth is Jesus Christ, there is no lie in the truth. He also says that he is not addressing the people who don't know or believe Jesus Christ and saying that they don't know the truth and he is quoting that who doesn't believe that Jesus is Christ(saviour or redeemer who brings salvation to the mankind), is a liar and he is antichrist(doesn't believe Jesus is Christ). His only ambition is to make the believers understand about the Trinity and how the Trinity is important in the Christian life. If we believe Jesus is our saviour, we need to believe that Jesus, the God the Father and the Holy Spirit constitute as Trinity.

APPLICATION: 1. Need to understand the power of Trinity and believe in Triune God.

2. Need to experience the power of Holy Spirit.

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, Give your wisdom to know more about the Trinity and also give your grace to believe in the power of Trinity. AMEN

Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #435 is a reply to message #432] Tue, 06 March 2018 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:
1 John 2:20-23 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Observation:
In the previous verses John talked about many antichrists who are already in the world also John said who is an antichrist and how do we identify them.
John says I don't need to tell you because you have an anointing of the Holy Spirit and that will help you to identify who is an antichrist.
John mentioned about the Holy Spirit, now he is telling the importance of the second member of Trinity, Son Jesus. If someone denies the Son and tries to come to the Father, he is antichrist.
We need to be careful about the liars who denies that Jesus is the Christ. What does it mean?
• Jesus refers to the one who is a savior, redeemer, the variants of Joshua, Yeshua
• Christ refers to the Greek word Christos, meaning "anointed one" or "chosen one.
• Liar is the one who believe Jesus' humanity (redeemer) and denies His deity (anointed one).
Having a clear understanding of the Godhead, triune God will help us to discern the working of antichrist is.

Application:
I need to recognize or acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ in my life. I never want to bypass Son Jesus thinking that I can directly deal with the Father.

Prayer:
Lord help me to understand, believe and teach the triune nature of Godhead.
Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #436 is a reply to message #432] Tue, 06 March 2018 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture

1 John 2:20-23 20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.[d] 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Observation
We need to understand Triune nature of our god, and believe in God father sent his son Jesus Christ to save man kind from sin/hell. we should belive in Jesus christ is the only way to reach god, eternal heaven and get forgiveness from our sins. Also we should realize and understand our gods plan for humans. we also should understand there is no other way other than Jesus and preach this gospel to others.

Everything else is not the real gospel and with out Jesus as christ you can not reach god.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Application

I understand that Jesus is Christ and only through him I can reach the eternal and also spread this news to everyone.

Prayer

Lord let us understand the truth and anoint with holy spirit.
Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #437 is a reply to message #432] Tue, 06 March 2018 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob is currently offline  Jacob
Scripture:
1 John 2:20-23
But you belong. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it. I haven't been writing this to tell you something you don't know, but to confirm the truth you do know, and to remind you that the truth doesn't breed lies.

So who is lying here? It's the person who denies that Jesus is the Divine Christ, that's who. This is what makes an antichrist: denying the Father, denying the Son. No one who denies the Son has any part with the Father, but affirming the Son is an embrace of the Father as well.

Observations:
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,
Ephesians 1:13

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth,
John 16:13

the truth doesn't breed lies

the liar -- he who denies that Jesus is the Christ?

Disobeying Jesus commandments also equivalent to denying him.

Application:
Am i following Jesus commandments?

Prayer:
Dear Lord, Please give grace to follow your commandments .
Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #438 is a reply to message #432] Tue, 06 March 2018 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:
In New testament scriptures, anointing refers to receiving of Holy Spirit. Luke 4:18 says about Jesus Christ, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he anointed (chosen /set apart) me to proclaim good news". (Acts 10:38, how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power)
Also, Spirit of Lord will teach us all things and bring it to rememberance all that Christ spoke.[John 14:26] and Spirit of truth will guide us in truth and glorify Christ as referred in John 16:13-14. Jesus is the way and the truth and without Him no one comes to the Father (John 14:6)
Jesus when he prayed to His Father in John 17:8, " For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them [words] and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me".

Application
God's word is truth and we have been sanctified in truth. (John 17:17) Word of God cleanse us and keeps us from deception so that we can be Holy and without blemish.

Prayer:
Thank you Lord for sending us the Spirit of Your Son into our hearts crying "Abba! Father" so we can walk in the truth and live a life worthy of Your calling.
Re: 1 John 2:20-23: Truth and Lie [message #439 is a reply to message #432] Tue, 06 March 2018 21:00 Go to previous message
Scripture:

Observation:

When these things were happening there were already those deceivers trying to preach false doctrines that the Father and the Son Jesus are not related.

So the Apostle, is insisting to rely on the truth rather than deceiving philosophies.

Application:

The deception is gaining extensive community approval. But if we deny Jesus and choose to believe only the Father God we have no part in His kingdom.

We should never to indulge in such ungodly teachings.

Prayer:

Lord, we pray that we never astray. Give us the spirit to discern the deceivers and always stay focused on Your word, because it is the only truth. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Previous Topic: 1 John 2:18-19 Deceptions of the Last Hour
Next Topic: 1 John 2:24-27 Let Truth Abide in You
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:57 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04872 seconds