HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God (The Children of God)
1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #447] Tue, 13 March 2018 21:10 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God

28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2018 21:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #449 is a reply to message #447] Mon, 19 March 2018 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Observation
Abide: You are in gods plan and god is in your heart. As children of god we should abide in our god which will bring us to be righteous. If you are righteous then you can stand before jesus in his second coming.
As our god is righteous and holy we should practice righteousness in our acts and holiness in our life, So be abide and get rid from sins which will make us holy, then we are good to be called as children of god.

Application
We have to abide in Jesus and be righteous. So that we can get the confidence to stand in front of Jesus when he comes back.

Prayer
Lord God help us to live as a righteous person as like you and we do not want to be ashamed to stand in front of you.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #450 is a reply to message #447] Mon, 19 March 2018 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURE :

28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

OBSERVATIONS:

As John concludes his thoughts on fellowship with God, he speaks of Christ's return. It'll be a day of rejoicing or regret, depending on the quality of our fellowship with God in this life. Even many believers find themselves, though they wouldn't deny the return of Christ, nevertheless living as though His return isn't anything to concern themselves with. Yet, the fact remains, that Jesus is one day returning! He has told us He'll return and He'll keep His Word! What should be our attitude toward the fact of our Lord's return?

We should live for His return -We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that
wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed." - Titus 2:12
We could be ashamed - The phrase, "may be unashamed before Him" could be translated, "will not shrink in shame from Him." When Jesus returns, some Christians will be so embarrassed about their inconsistent lives, that when they see Him, they will shrink in shame. If Jesus were to come today, would you shrink in shame and embarrassment before Him?
We must abide - John tells us this to help us be able stand before Jesus with confidence when He returns. John uses this word, which has to do, not with our salvation, but with walking close to the Lord in daily fellowship.

APPLICATION:

There are at least 3 practical things we can do to abide in God's Word.

1) We need to study it -
"Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a workman [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed,accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

2)We need to memorize it -
"I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You." - Psalm 119:11

3) We need to share it -
"But you are living with evil people all around you, who have lost their sense of what is right. Among those people you shine like lights in a dark world, and you offer them the teaching that gives life." - Philippians 2:16

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, please help us to study,memorize and share your word. so that we have confidence and not be ashamed before you.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #451 is a reply to message #447] Tue, 20 March 2018 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:

Observation:
Throughout Ch. 2 John urged the church to know the truth, walk in the truth, know their spiritual state, warned about the love for the world, deception that is going on in the last hour and encouraged to be led by the anointing. Now finally telling us the importance of abiding in Him as He is going to appear soon.

John is urging the believers to have the following two considerations.
1. It is our duty to remain in Christ so that we will have confidence and not be ashamed before Him when He comes. At times it is taken granted that the Lord will come again. Those who stopped following God, deserted Him on the way may be ashamed, but we will have confidence that our hope of complete redemption comes along with Him

2. To be born in the heavenly family requires us to practice righteousness. It is a great privilege to be born of Him. John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

At the end of chapter two John is give an assurance that if we overcome the deception of the Antichrist that is going on in this world, we will be able to stand with confidence at His coming and we will be born into the eternal family.

Application:
I can't take the coming of the Lord granted. I can't assume that I will be able to meet Him with confidence. I need to be born of Him. The only way is by practicing righteousness.

Prayer:
Lord prepare me for the great day of your coming when I still live in my flesh.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #452 is a reply to message #447] Tue, 20 March 2018 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Observation
Abide: You are in gods plan and god is in your heart. As children of god we should abide in our god which will bring us to be righteous. If you are righteous then you can stand before jesus in his second coming.
As our god is righteous and holy we should practice righteousness in our acts and holiness in our life, So be abide and get rid from sins which will make us holy, then we are good to be called as children of god.

Application
We have to abide in Jesus and be righteous. So that we can get the confidence to stand in-front of Jesus when he comes back.

Prayer
Lord God help us to live as a righteous person as like you and we don't want to be ashamed to stand in-front of you.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #453 is a reply to message #447] Tue, 20 March 2018 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scripture:

Observation:

Admit or not sin is a strong established feature of human living. Scripture tells again and again that the natural human nature is not natural according to Bible's dictionary! The very human nature is the byproduct of sin, sadly.

So, we have to abide in Him so that we can stay confident until He comes to judge everyone. If we continue to abide in Him, we'll no be ashamed when He comes as we'll feel the confidence that we live a faithful life and not a natural life as world defines.

Life is a gift given by Him. It's our duty to give it back in the best shape possible! What is the best best shape other than practicing righteousness? Sin is a hindrance but we have Jesus.

So the application is to abide in Him in order to stay righteous.

Prayer:

Lord, help us stay righteous. Forgive our sins. Let Your will be done. In Jesus name. Amen

Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #454 is a reply to message #447] Tue, 20 March 2018 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob is currently offline  Jacob
Scripture:
28 And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. 29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Observations:
Not shrink from him in shame.
Matthew 7:23 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

Abide in him: - doing the will of God

The Children of God:
Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
Practices righteousness - led by the Spirit of God

Application:
Am i doing the will of God or will of myself in day to day life.?

Prayer:
Psalm 143:10
Dear Lord, Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #455 is a reply to message #454] Tue, 20 March 2018 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:
When our Lord appears, we will either be like Him (or) be not like Him. (I John 3:2) Christian walk is tranforming into His likeness from one glory to another. II Corinthians (3:18)

Our Righteous life (right living) starts and grows with having Faith in Father God and the work of our Lord Jesus Christ. Even our Lord himself described his faithful believers in Hebrews 10 as "my righteous one shall live by faith,
and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him."

Also, Abraham's faith is credited to him as "Righteous"

Application:
We have to grow in faith as it is written " For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith.".
Faith Grows through Word of God and looking to "Jesus" who is the author and finisher of our Faith

We have to be lead by the Spirit through which we can grow from one degree of glory to another beholding the Glory of Father.

Prayer:
O righteous Father, help us know you and abide in you.
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #456 is a reply to message #454] Tue, 20 March 2018 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Scripture:
28 And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. 29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Observations:
Just doing God's work may not guarantee that we are abiding in him unless we have a personal walk with God. As stated in the below verse many may be doing prophecies, miracles but they might end up not doing God's will and not being righteous as Lord Jesus

Mathew 7:17 to 25
Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Application:
Am I pleasing man or living a life which is pleasing to God.

Prayer:
Lord, I want to do your will and walk closer to you day by day so that I can stand blameless when I meet you in the Clouds
Re: 1 John 2:28-29 The Children of God [message #457 is a reply to message #455] Tue, 20 March 2018 21:45 Go to previous message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Scripture:

Observations:
Just doing God's work may not guarantee that we are abiding in him unless we have a personal walk with God. As stated in the below verse many may be doing prophecies, miracles but they might end up not doing God's will and not being righteous as Lord Jesus

Mathew 7:17 to 25
Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'
23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Application:
Am I pleasing man or living a life which is pleasing to God.

Prayer:
Lord, I want to do your will and walk closer to you day by day so that I can stand blameless when I meet you in the Clouds
Previous Topic: 1 John 2:24-27 Let Truth Abide in You
Next Topic: 1 john 3:1 What Manner of Love
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:13 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07590 seconds