HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 3:7-9 (Don't get deceived thinking that we are permitted to sin)
1 John 3:7-9 [message #479] Tue, 10 April 2018 21:53 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #480 is a reply to message #479] Mon, 16 April 2018 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.
8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Observation
Be righteous
As our god is righteous we need to practice righteousness in our every day life.
Beware of deceivers
Ask for heavenly wisdom to protect ourselves as well as other believers from deceiving.
No to sin
Ask help from god to destroy the works of the devil.
Born in christ
As our god has no sin, we have to remain in god and renew their soul and get refrain from sin.

Application
We have to practice righteousness and beware of deceiving things.
We need be renew in christ in every day life.

Prayer
Lord help us to be righteous and keep us away from deceivers.
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #481 is a reply to message #479] Mon, 16 April 2018 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURES
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

OBSERVATIONS

Sin and its effects and results are attached to us and in us. Jesus came to be our sin-bearer. He carried all our sins and paid the eternal debt on the cross which we owed to God the Father: HE TOOK AWAY our SINS. He died in our stead. He appeared from Heaven on our earth, lived a spotless, perfect life, died the perfect death, rose from the dead, and ascended back to Heaven, where He reigns today: Why? Not to take your fun away but to stop you from inevitable Death. To TAKE AWAY our sins! To enable citizenship in God's Kingdom! So that we might become children of the Most High God!

So the Incarnation was the appearance of the Lord Jesus, our Savior sent from God, to save sinners and destroy satan. How is that accomplished? Look at verse 9: "No one who is BORN OF God will continue to sin, because God's seed (sperma, God's Life) remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been BORN OF GOD."

The devil's works cause death and the grave, but with Jesus' APPEARANCE, all things become new: Jesus broke the bonds of sin and gives power over the grave
The devil causes oppressive fear in men's lives: Jesus brings freedom to love others and God the way God intended.
The devil is an interdenominational religious leader who majors in division. Jesus unites.
The devil causes sickness and oppression: Jesus is the Healer
The devil provokes men to sin; Jesus leads in righteousness and purity
The devil destroys through adversities; Jesus builds up for God's Glory and your eternal good.
The devil steals the Word out of the minds of men; Jesus is the Living Word.

APPLICATIONS

The Gift of God that you CANNOT live without is The Holy Spirit's Work convicts us of the extreme need for a Savoir, God's work of REGENERATION. His work alone forgives sin and empowers sinful and Lawless people to please God and live for Him! Spiritual Change must be accomplished from the inside....OUT, by a REBIRTH from God!When you are born of the Spirit of the Almighty God, the Holy Spirit gives eternal life to your soul so that you are a FOREVER-from-this-time-forward Child of God. You are re-generated; You are given another life, a life from above: You are given eternal life from God. Religion does not SAVE YOU; only God in Christ by work of the Holy Spirit is able to save you!

PRAYER
Heavenly Father, give us strength and wisdom to overcome the sin. Be with us and guide us to abide in you.

Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #482 is a reply to message #479] Mon, 16 April 2018 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:7

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading is
John is asking the believers who have come to the faith to be careful about the wrong doctrines. And he is warning not to be in the opinion that even if we sin, we can ask for forgiveness as our God is so patient and wait for our repentance. He is asking us to remain firm in righteousness, as our God's nature is righteous. The devil is not righteous, if we look at the beginning of the fall of the Lucifer, the nature of satan is Pride, as pride brings a nature not to obey the God and not to honor him, not to glorify him and he himself wanted the Glory and Honor that belongs to God. He sinned against God with his self-generated pride. And he is unrighteous by being proud of what God made him for. As Satan has prompted the Mankind to sin against God, the Jesus has to come to the World as a human being to destroy the Sin through his sacrifice on the Cross by becoming himself as Sin.

2. His seed remains in us means, his character or nature remains and grows in us to be like him as righteous in nature.
If we born of God means, if we believe in Jesus and we confess our sins and repent to be born again to lead a fresh life leaving all the old character, if we abide in him, he remains in us and his word dwells in us to lead us a sinless life.

APPLICATION: 1. Am I leading a life that is righteous in nature?

2. Am I going in the paths of Devil, not obeying the word of God?

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly father, please lead me in your righteous path and guide me to be righteous in all the ways that I have to walk in the future. AMEN
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #483 is a reply to message #479] Tue, 17 April 2018 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:

Observation:

What is the deception John is talking about in V7?
The deception comes if sinner and righteous are not distinguished correctly.
Who is righteous? He who practices righteousness
Who is a sinner? He who sins, who belongs to the devil
Who is devil? He who sinned and he who practiced sin from the beginning
Who is born of God? The one who has been born of God

What is the deception?
When someone says it is important to practice righteousness, but it is ok to sin once in a while
When someone says God is merciful, He is forgiving, so its ok to live with sin
When someone says moment you accept Christ, you are born again, after that whenever you sin, you can come and ask for forgiveness.

Bible says, whoever has been born of God does not sin. Looks like there is no tolerance when it comes to the matter of sin.

Moment we take it lightly, we get deceived. Moment we teach saying it is ok to sin once a while, we deceive ourselves.

Whoever is born of God cannot sin because His seed remains in Him. Christ lives inside. Christ doesn't sin.
Being said this, the question may be, will God forgive if someone sins even after he or she is born again, the answer is Yes.

Application:
The expectation is very high whoever is born of God does not sin. This must be my standard. I can't alter it, I can't allow some tolerance there, I can't take it lightly.

Prayer:
Lord help me not to get deceived and not to deceive people in this matter.
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #484 is a reply to message #479] Tue, 17 April 2018 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scripture:

Observation:

"....His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

Friends, if so, I have no idea why I still sin, at times?! I mean, honestly, I sin, realize it and then question if I'm born of God, why did I sin? Don't mistake me, not in rebellious way, but why and how can someone having born of God (Christ) sin? And again? One might argue that he/she does't do the same sin again. If that's true we all would have overcome sin and there won't be any need for forgiveness!

Leaving that question unanswered (because I don't know the answer), I (Application), believe that we are invited by Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross to trust that we're born of God but at any moment we let that belief go, for any worldly reasons, or when we compromise on that belief to behave selfishly, greedily or angrily we end up sinning.

Prayer:

Lord, I don't know the mystery of the world. Yet, You have paid for all my shortcomings! Give me a clean heart to believe that without any deception. In Jesus name I pray. Amen!
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #485 is a reply to message #479] Tue, 17 April 2018 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob is currently offline  Jacob
Scripture:
1 John 3:7-9 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Observations:
let no one deceive you (false teaching) - He who practices righteousness is righteous.
Whoever has been born of God does not sin
God protects him
stored up word in heart
bear fruit with patience

1 John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Psalm 119:11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Luke 8: 15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

Application:
Am I practices righteousness?
Am I storing word of God in my heart?

Prayer:
Dear Lord, please help me to practice righteousness[/size]
Re: 1 John 3:7-9 [message #486 is a reply to message #479] Tue, 17 April 2018 21:00 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
I John 3:7-9

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's[b] seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Observation:
If we are born of God (Spirit), then we should be doing righteous things. Faith in our Lord Jesus Christ for His finished work in us is being counted as righteous. So, to identify the faith in a person we have to look at his/her works as a verifiable fact. (James 2:14-26)
Fruit of Righteousness comes through Jesus Christ alone so we won't get deceived. (Philippians 1:11).

Jesus identified Jews as children of devil since they were seeking to kill Jesus because he told them the truth. But they answered him they are children of Abraham but they imitate devil in their acts (John 8:39-45)

God's living word of God by in-dwelling of His Spirit is referred as imperishable seed that guides us through righteous living.

Application:
This is our reality check, not only to test our own faith but also of our brothers / sisters / neighbors so that we won't get deceived.

Prayer:
This is our prayer that, we are in Christ Jesus who became to us Wisdom, Righteousness, Sanctification and Redemption[I Corinthians 1:30]
Previous Topic: 1 John 3: 4-6
Next Topic: 1 John 3:10-12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:53 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04942 seconds