HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 3:13-15 (One who hates his brother is a murderer)
1 John 3:13-15 [message #491] Mon, 30 April 2018 12:32 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 3:13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #492 is a reply to message #491] Mon, 30 April 2018 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURES:
1 John 3:13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

OBSERVATIONS:
John didn't want believers to be ignorant of the evils of the day. Upon conversion the love of Christ fills our hearts. We are compelled to show that love because we belong to Him. However, not everyone will appreciate our love, and some will even hate us for our relationship with Christ. We can show love to all we meet, but that doesn't necessarily mean our love will be received or appreciated.

Really this should come as no surprise. Jesus is love. He showed and shared love with all He met. His love moved Him to action, but He was not received of all. Many hated Him in spite of His love. If our Lord was hated even as He loved, we need not expect everyone to love us. In fact, we might as well expect opposition and hatred from the world. John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

A tree is known by its fruit. Those who are born again in Christ will inevitably possess love for their brethren. We cannot help it. Love simply flows naturally from the heart of a believer. John reveals such love stands as a genuine mark of one's salvation. Those who belong to Christ will love others. That love may not be received or reciprocated, but we will love nonetheless.Just as love shown for others is a good indicator of salvation, the absence of love stands a good indicator of the lack of salvation. If one cannot love his brother, he continues to abide in death, never being brought from death unto life in Christ. That isn't to say we have to love the actions of others or their sin, but we must possess love if we belong to Christ!

Those who genuinely hate are viewed as murderers in God's eyes. To possess real hatred for another is equivalent to killing them. There is absolutely no difference in God's holy standard. "Love is the only security against hate. And as every one who does not love is potentially a hater, so every hater is potentially a murderer.

APPLICATIONS:
We cannot miss the eternal consequence of hatred within the heart. Those who hate, in essence guilty of murder, do not have eternal life abiding in them. They have never been born again in Christ. The hatred possessed through the fallen nature was never replaced with the love of Christ. Love and hate cannot inhabit the same heart. Those who never receive love, which dispels their hatred, will not inherit eternal life.

PRAYER Heavenly Father,please remove all the evil thoughts from our mind. Help us to show ur love to others.

Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #493 is a reply to message #491] Tue, 01 May 2018 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:
Observation:
The world we are living in is under the influence of the devil who is a hater of the children of God. We belong tot he seed of the woman who crushed the head of Satan.

We are by nature children of wrath and heirs of death. Cain hated, and then slew, his brother. Hatred among brothers was sown in the world right from the beginning. Original hatred resulted in physical death. Today hatred among brothers results in eternal death.

According the second great commandment, Jesus said, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Brother includes not only our own brothers and sisters, it includes all the people we deal with today. That means, one cannot say that I love God, but hate someone.

Loving God gives only a partial assurance that eternal life belongs to us. We need to love our brothers and sisters whom we see everyday in order to love our God whom we haven't seen.

Application:
I can't ignore and hate people who are created in God's image and say that still I love God.

Prayer:
Lord help me not to harbor hatred in my heart. Help me to express my love to my fellow brothers. Amen.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 May 2018 21:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #494 is a reply to message #491] Tue, 01 May 2018 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 3:
13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.
14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Observation
When we work for gods kingdom we suppose to earn enemies and face troubles in this word. But we should not keep enemity in our hearts and face the troubles with help of prayers.
As you all know Christian life journey is towards life not death, So as in bible we should love everybody and stay in the love of christ.
If we did not stay in love of Christ and not showing his love to others then as Jesus said truly we can not enter into gods kingdom.

Application
whatever we do we have to do it for lord gods glory and not for us or for others.

Prayer
Lord give us a holy heart to love you and others.
Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #495 is a reply to message #491] Tue, 01 May 2018 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scripture:

Observation:

No matter how we try to get along with the world in the aim of teaching the Gospel without obviously showing a difference, we will often be treated with hatred when others realize that we're christians.

It's a constant challenge!

But we're required by our Savior's teachings to still love those who hate us especially those who hate us for being christians.

Application: This is a direct message to us. No matter how badly the world hates us for being christians we have no room to hate anyone if we claim we're christians.

Prayer:

Lord, give us the pure heart to love everyone. In Jesus name. Amen
Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #497 is a reply to message #495] Tue, 01 May 2018 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture: I John 3:13-15

13 Do not be surprised, brothers,[a] that the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Observation:

We are not of the World even as Jesus is not of it [John 17:16]. True believers are hated by all, for Christ's name sake [Mark 13:13] World hates us, because it has hated Christ.

Spirit gives life. Spirit of God quickens human spirit for eternal life. [John 6:32] We received Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father! [Romans 8:11-15] Because we are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts.

If we don't love, then we are not of God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love [I John 4:8]
Satan was a murderer from the beginning and Jesus addresses the ones who try to kill him as "Children of Devil". There is no eternal life for the ones who are of devil. [John 8:44-46]

Application:
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself. We walk by Spirit and if we are led by Spirit, we will have the fruits of Spirit starting with Love... [Galatians 5:14-24]

Prayer:
Lord, please fill us with Your Spirit and help us to love You and others with Your love.
Re: 1 John 3:13-15 [message #498 is a reply to message #497] Tue, 01 May 2018 21:40 Go to previous message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Scripture: I John 3:13-15

13 Do not be surprised, brothers,[a] that the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Observation:

Jesus setting higher standard on Love in Mathew 5. In verse 23 he says "If your brother or sister has something against you he says first go and reconcile then offer my gift".
Again in verse 43 he says Love your enemy further he says Be perfect as our heavenly father is perfect.

Application:
I want to show God's love truly to others even to my enemies

Prayer:
Lord, please help me to love others as you loved others
Previous Topic: 1 John 3:10-12
Next Topic: 1 John 3:16-17
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:34:29 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11189 seconds