HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 5:1-2 (We love the Father and His Son)
1 John 5:1-2 [message #587] Tue, 09 October 2018 22:13 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 5:1-2 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #588 is a reply to message #587] Tue, 16 October 2018 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:
1 John 5:1-2 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot (Father) also loves him who is begotten (Jesus) of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
Observation:
We love God --> We love Jesus -->We love children of God -->We love God. (Circular reference as John refers).

We realize the importance of love here. This is nothing but the Great commandment.
Children of God are as dear and near to God as Jesus is.
Such love towards children of God is not only suitable, but also demanded.

Another view to these scriptures. Jesus is not the only son of God, God has many other sons and daughters like us. That's the reason scripture says, Jesus is our elder brother, He is not ashamed to call us brothers.
As we love Jesus, we are obligated to love other brothers of Jesus.

Application:
Realization of other believers as brothers as Christ is my elder brother.

Prayer:
Lord need this revelation to love others unconditionally. Amen.
Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #589 is a reply to message #587] Tue, 16 October 2018 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chandran is currently offline  chandran
Scripture
1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has become a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.2 We know we love God's children if we love God and obey his commandments. 1 John 5:1-2 (NLT)
Observation
a) Born of God (Child of God)
Every human being, every single one of them are created by God, so regardless of one's religion/belief, by creation we have one Father, the Creator God. However, from just being a mere creation, we become a child of God (born of God) when we believe Jesus is Christ. It is the faith in Christ Jesus which gives us the right to become a child of God and thus we become one with God, the creation becomes the part of God and shares everything that belongs to God.
10 He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize him. 11 He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. 12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 13 They are reborn--not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
John 1:10-13 (NLT)
b) God's children
Once we become a child of God, we are not just anymore a creation, rather we have a family of God with other children of God in the family and God as the head of the family, the Father. So it is obvious that if we say that we love the Father, then we must love his children too.
c) How do we know that we love the children of God?
We can't love the children of God, without loving God. When we love God, we will keep his commandments, which makes us love the children of God. It is not the feeling, neither the goodness of man's heart that would enable us to love others. When our love for God is real, that becomes a catalyst to love others.
10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone--especially to those in the family of faith. Gal 6:10 (NLT)
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Gal 6:10 (KJV)

Application

1. Believe that Jesus is Christ to become a child of God (Faith)
2. Love God and God's children by doing good unto all men especially to those in the family of faith (Action)

Prayer
Lord, thank you for enabling me to believe that Jesus is Christ and giving me the right to become born of God. Now, Lord, help me to love you and the children of God, in Jesus name I pray.
Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #590 is a reply to message #587] Tue, 16 October 2018 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 5:
1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

Observation
If we belive Jesus is Christ born from god and accept him as your saviour then we are reborn from god by his holy spirit.
We should love god and also should love other brothers and sisters who are born from god.
when we say we love god and follow his great commandments then we suppose to love children of god.

Application

We have to love god and his children and his commandments.

Prayer

Lord enable us in your wonderful, great, marvelous love.
Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #591 is a reply to message #587] Tue, 16 October 2018 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacob is currently offline  Jacob
Scripture:
1 John 5:1-2 The person who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. The person who loves the Father loves His children also. 2 This is the way we know we love God's children. It is when we love God and obey His Word.

Observations:
child of God - believes that Jesus is the Christ (Jesus is Son of God, Came to earth in human form, Jesus died on the cross for our sins, Jesus resurrected after 3 days)
Child of God - loving others
child of God - love God and obey His Word

Romans 8: 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Application:
Am I led by the Spirit of God?
Am I obeying His Word?

Prayer:
Dear Lord, Thank you for your love towards me , please help me to demonstrate your love to others. Amen

Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #592 is a reply to message #587] Tue, 16 October 2018 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 1 John 5:1-2

OBSERVATION: My observation is who ever believes in him as Jesus is the Christ who came to redeem us from our sins is born of God. And also we know that Jesus is the righteous, and knowing that whoever do righteous things also born of him. (1 John 2:29).

And everyone who loves him also believes in him and born again in him into his family.
The following scripture also gives us the clear idea about the commandments that are important to follow and observe.

Matthew 22:36-40

36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37 Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

APPLICATION: 1. I need to treat my fellow believers as children of God and Love them as God loves us.

PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, help me to be righteous in everything I do and to be grateful to you that you have given your only begotten son to save me from eternal hell. And give me your grace to love your children as you Loved us. AMEN
Re: 1 John 5:1-2 [message #593 is a reply to message #592] Tue, 16 October 2018 21:08 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture: (I John 5:1,2)

1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments

Observation:

The word "believes" referred in the new testament verse was related to the root word of "Faith" (Pistyoo]. It is not like a casual usage of the regular known sentence, "I believe you"

Jesus been born of God explained:
Even Jesus is not ashamed to call His followers as brothers and He even shares same flesh and blood and made like His brothers in every respect as mentioned in Hebrews 2:11-17

We are born of Him
Jesus gave us the very breath of life and in Him was life [John 1:4] Then, We have been born again to our godly family through the blood relation of Jesus Christ. John 1:13 says , whoever believed in Him, were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God

Love those who are born of Him
We as brothers and sisters in Christ has much more closer relationship among ourselves than our own blood relations (siblings & our earthly parents). Even in New testament, Paul emphasized the need of taking care of brothers and sisters in faith [Galatians 6:10]. Also John mentioned about importance of welcoming a brother to the church [III John 1:10]

Circular reference of God's Love
We love children of God through the Love of God because He first loved us.
Again love of God related to the obedience of His commandments here and we outght to be like our brother Jesus since,
Jesus do as the Father has commanded Him and loved the Father[John 14:31]

Application:
Just like the way we love Christ, we have to love our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Prayer:
Lord, please help us to understand the importance of God's own family members so we all can partake in God's goodness by praying for one another and sharpen each other in His Wisdom.
Previous Topic: 1 John 4: 20-21
Next Topic: 1 John 5:4-5 Overcome the World by Faith
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:57:06 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04396 seconds