HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 5:11-12 (He who has the Son has life)
1 John 5:11-12 [message #608] Tue, 30 October 2018 22:07 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 5:11-12 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Re: 1 John 5:11-12 [message #609 is a reply to message #608] Mon, 05 November 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 1 John 5:11-12

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading - God's witness about Jesus Christ is that God gives the believer in Jesus Christ eternal life. And who doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God is not eligible for eternal life. I believe that believing in Jesus Christ is the primary requirement(eligibility) for the eternal life.
If a person accepts Jesus Christ as his or her Savior, begins a new kind of life. He or she will experience that life forever.
the scripture reading from John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

APPLICATION: I need to have faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the eternal life comes only by believing in him that he has come to the world as human to die for our sins to give us everlasting life.

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, please give me the assurance that you are the life and you only my hope that you give me the eternal life. AMEN

Re: 1 John 5:11-12 [message #610 is a reply to message #608] Tue, 06 November 2018 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:1 John 5:11-12 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Observation:

When people on whom we trust say something we believe that as truth. If we believe in what man says, we must believe in what God says, because God is much greater. God has already said the truth about His son Jesus. We need to believe, if we don't we make God a liar.

This is the truth God told about Jesus.
God has given us eternal life and this life is found only in Jesus.
He who has Son has life, he who doesn't have Son has no life.
God wants us to believe these truths as the one who said this is not man, but God.

Application:
I must believe that Jesus has life and having Jesus is life.

Prayer:
Lord, make me to believe in the life after death.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 November 2018 08:42] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 John 5:11-12 [message #611 is a reply to message #608] Tue, 06 November 2018 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 5:11-12
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Observation

God sent his son to this world so we manking not perished by sin and also we can make our way to eternal heaven rather eternal hell.
So gods word says Jesus is life. He gave his life for us to live our life in this world out of sin.
He also shows us the way to everlasting life.
We need to understand that, there is only one way to live our life in this world and continue our life in eternal heaven. That way is Christ.
Jesus is game changer , changes our status from death to life. So trust in him.

John 5:24 [ Life and Judgment Are Through the Son ] "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life,
and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Application

We should have christ jesus in our life as he sacrifice his life for us.

Prayer

Lord god thank you for your sacrifice.
Re: 1 John 5:11-12 [message #612 is a reply to message #611] Tue, 06 November 2018 21:15 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture: I John 5:11-12

11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Observation:
Eternal life is through His son Jesus Christ. He is the origin of life because All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made [John 1:3 / Colossians 1:16]

Jesus is our final destination, way and life and Without Him no one comes to the Father [John 14:6] Jesus is our resurrection and life. The one who believes in Him will live even though he die [John 11:25]

As in I Corinthians 15:45, Jesus is a also a life giving Spirit. The people who don't have life giving Spirit are considered dead in Spirit as Jesus mentioned about non-believers as dead and blind. [Matt 8:22 Let the dead bury their own dead/Matt 15:13-14]

Application:
Life of God is the light of Men and the light shines in darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. [John 1:4] Christ nature should get manifested in everything we do [Colossians 3:1-13] since we have been risen with the Christ we have to show the fruits of Christ.

Christ will manifest if we do everything in our life as to the Lord and we constantly self-check ourselves that all the things we do will be approved of Lord.

Prayer:
Lord, let Your Spirit guide me in my life so we can glorify Christ.
Previous Topic: 1 John 5:7-8 Witness in heaven & Witness on earth
Next Topic: 1 John 5:14-15-Confidence in Prayer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:52:24 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04971 seconds