HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 5:14-15-Confidence in Prayer (Confidence in Prayer)
1 John 5:14-15-Confidence in Prayer [message #613] Tue, 06 November 2018 21:48 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 5:14-15 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2018 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 John 5:14-15 [message #614 is a reply to message #613] Mon, 12 November 2018 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk

SCRIPTURE: 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. 1 John 5:14-15

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading -- If we believe in Son of God, we have eternal life. As a believer we have this confidence that we have eternal life. With this confidence in him, if we seek his will and ask him what is needed for our eternal life, he will surely hears.
We need to fill our hearts and minds with his thoughts, then only his desire will be fulfilled in us and it is not of worldly pleasure.
We need to keep aside our own will and ask God to fulfill his will in us.
When we pray we should pray with submissive and humble heart and also should ask for his will to be done in our lives.

APPLICATION: 1. I need to check whether I am praying with a humble heart?

2. Whether I am praying to seek his will in my life?

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly father, teach me to depend on you with a submissive heart to know your will in me. AMEN
Re: 1 John 5:14-15 [message #615 is a reply to message #613] Tue, 13 November 2018 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:1 John 5:14-15 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Observation:
These scriptures talk about the confidence and faith we need to have in God.
When we pray, we need to pray with confidence. What is that confidence? If we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Those who really trust God know that God's will is the best for their lives. They don't ask anything that is not God's will.
They don't pray for blessings to satisfy their own desire. They ask for only those blessings that are according to the will of God.
Sometime we don't get those blessings that are not according to His will.
But the confidence is that if we ask anything according to His will, He will give us.
Question is: How do we know what to ask and what not to ask? When we walk with Him, our desires are in line with God's will

Now if we are confident that He hears us, whatever we ask, we have them already. Its ours. We need to have faith that God has already given it and move forward. We may not see it in front of us right now, but it is coming, on its way.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
John is encouraging us to pray in confidence and pray according to His will. Once we pray, we need to believe that we have them already and proceed to the next step.

Application:
I need to know the will of God in my life and pray according to His will.

Prayer:
Lord help me to submit to your will and desire completely. Amen.
Re: 1 John 5:14-15 [message #616 is a reply to message #613] Tue, 13 November 2018 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 5:14-15
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Observation

God assured us he will meet our needs. He knows our needs. He is sufficient to meet our needs.
But our will has be accourding to his will. If we keep him in our heart, mind and soul for then our wish will coincide with his wish.
We suppose to ask spritual blessings rather worldly things. And our god will bless us with eternal rewards and also provide what we need in this world to move our life.
Also we should belive in lord god that he is our provider. And he will fullfil our needs in his time.

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Application

We have live according to our lords will and we should believe that our god full fill ours needs.

Prayer

Psalm 119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
Re: 1 John 5:14-15 [message #617 is a reply to message #613] Tue, 13 November 2018 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scripture:

1 John 5:14-15 14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Observation:

The verse starts with the confidence that we can on Him. Sounds to me like the only one who can say, 'believe Me with your full confidence, because I'm the Lord your God!

However, the things that we need or long should be aligned with His will. The reason why God wants us to desire the things that goes with His will is, the things of the world are perishable, while His ultimate blessing is immeasurable, divine and everlasting. They are not of the world.

The second verse is even more interesting. You see, we just need to have the confidence that we've already asked the petition to be His child(ren) forever. And we know that He heard our petition as Bible says our God hears! Always!

Application:

If the petition is asked and we're confident that he has heard our petition, there's no need for us to think whether or not we'll receive the blessing asked in the petition. If we do doubt, the whole faith continuum is broken, we break it by our very corrupted human nature. So, let's believe that He know everything and live in line with His will.

Prayer:

Lord, help me follow You, not by any perishable common wisdom, but blindly! If not You, what else is qualified to be believed blindly?! You alone are worthy Lord. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
Re: 1 John 5:14-15 [message #618 is a reply to message #613] Tue, 13 November 2018 21:00 Go to previous message
Arul is currently offline  Arul
Scripture:

Observation:

1) Asking was always encouraged by Jesus

Matthew 7: 7 - 11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

2) Asking according to God's will
James 4:3 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

3) Transforming to know His will
Romans 12: 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Application:
Be transformed by the renewal of our minds by reading, mediating and consuming God's word
Meditating on it day and night

Prayer:
Jesus Christ thank you for the Word that you have given us, Thank you Holy Spirit for residing in us and bring to remembrance all Jesus taught. My my faith grow and I be tranformed just like Jesus was. So I can show His glory and power in this earthen vessel.
Previous Topic: 1 John 5:11-12
Next Topic: 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:04:48 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07827 seconds