HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer (Compassion in Prayer)
1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer [message #619] Tue, 13 November 2018 22:10 Go to next message
hipm is currently offline  hipm
Administrator
1 John 5:16-17 16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2018 06:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer [message #621 is a reply to message #619] Tue, 20 November 2018 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balan is currently offline  balan
Scripture:
1 John 5:16-17 16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Observation:
All sins will lead to eternal death if not forgiven. John is not talking about eternal death here. John is talking about physical death.

Sin leading to death:
For example,
Aaron's sons (Nadab and Abihu) offered "unauthorized fire" before the Lord, they were killed for their sin instantly (Leviticus 10.1-2)
Sin of Ananias and Sapphira led them to death instantly.
Taking part in holy communion with sin - For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep, 1 Cor. 11:30
Anyone speaking against Holy Spirit not only brings eternal death, at times even physical death
John is saying, don't pray about it. There is no use. These are sins brings immediate punishment.

Sin not leading to death
There are sins we commit each day and seek forgiveness of God. These mistakes and unrighteous deeds are sins, but they are not leading to immediate death. John is saying if we see any of our brother doing such sin, we need to pray for him so that he will have life. Sins that are not forgiven is dangerous. We should ask for forgiveness so that we will have life. But if the brother is not in Christ, we need to intercede for him so that God will extend his life.

Application:
Sin that are leading to immediate death is so dangerous. God doesn't even hear our prayer in that case. So I need to be careful not to commit such sins.

Prayer:
Lord help me not to sin intentionally, even if I sin, please forgive me.
Re: 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer [message #622 is a reply to message #619] Tue, 20 November 2018 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
1 John 5:16-17
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.
17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Observation

When we take baptism we can able to differentiate the good and evil. what is right and wrong?
Once we get baptized we are part of christ and we died for our sins. So we should not keep continue in sin.
If we keep sinning which means still we do not know Jesus or we are denying christ.
If you born in god you should not be sinning. If we still sinning really we did not born of god.
As we love Jesus we should come out sin and also bring our fellow brothers and sisters to get out of their sins.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

Application

We should not sin and we should pray to god that our brothers and sisters should not live in sin.

Prayer

Lord Please forgive our sins and show your grace to us not to fall into sins.
Re: 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer [message #623 is a reply to message #619] Tue, 20 November 2018 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: 16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 1 John 5:16-17

OBSERVATION: My observation in this scripture reading is, There is a sin that doesn't lead to eternal death. If we see a person who is a fellow believer or our close associate in spiritual life, sinning a sin which does not lead to death, we need to pray for him to repent and turn back from the sin.

And also a sin that leads to death. We need to pray for those who commit sin which is a transgression of commandments(law) of God.

1 JOHN 3:4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

We need to understand from this Jesus Christ himself came as a human being to sacrifice himself for the remission of our sins.

So, we need to develop the hope among the persons are around us that Jesus Christ is the only way for the eternal life and we need to spread the Gospel to unbelievers

to save them from eternal death. We need to show that Jesus Christ is righteous one, through him we have salvation. Salvation brings eternal life.

APPLICATION:

1. I have a burden to pray for the unbelievers who are still in sin and perishing without knowing JESUS.

PRAYER: Dear heavenly father. Give me your grace to live a life that is an example for others to reflect your nature. AMEN
Re: 1 John 5:16-17 - Compassion in Prayer [message #624 is a reply to message #619] Tue, 20 November 2018 21:02 Go to previous message
Scripture:

Observation:

A real Bible Study! It's was very hard to understand, but with little bit of research and prayer God does reveal His word's meaning. The concept I can get after reading this scripture is this.

Anybody sinning without knowing they're sinning or say, worshiping idols without knowing the truth, and then comes to Jesus; but over time, if he/she again stumbles on any old practices and sins but repents immediately, Jesus understands and forgives him/her for sure and gives him/her life. Thankfully, those sins do not lead to Death.

But sins that are outwardly against Jesus, Holy Spirit, daring rejection of the Gospels even after fully understanding the Truth; those sins definitely lead to death. The idea in this scripture is, it's better, in the very first place, not to do such a sin and then later praying for it and ask forgiveness as those sins won't be forgiven like the other sins done with ignorance. I think here John says, yet there might be forgiveness for those death warranting sins but why go to that extend as we don't understand God and His purpose fully ever!

Application and Prayer: Lord, help us realize that there are sins that can never ever be forgiven and therefore give us the wisdom to live our lives in reverence with Your plan. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
Previous Topic: 1 John 5:14-15-Confidence in Prayer
Next Topic: 1 John 5:18 - Whoever is born of God
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:00:26 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04037 seconds