HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) (II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature))
II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) [message #691] Sun, 03 March 2019 23:55 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
Re: II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) [message #692 is a reply to message #691] Tue, 05 March 2019 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURE :

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

- Peter wrote this Letter to Christians
- We are partakers of the divine nature because he granted us the divine power

OBSERVATIONS:

Peter emphasized that the knowledge they needed was the knowledge of God. And through this knowledge they can experience God's divine power.
When we know Him as our Healer-we could experience His power of healing
Provider - we could experience His power of provision
Father - we could experience His power of comfort, security, encouragement and hope
GOD -we could experience His power to accomplish what is impossible

God granted us great Promises will give spiritual stability-
"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." - Psalm 119:50
Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them - Psalm 119:140
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises - Psalm 119:148

If we keep God's promises and we will have spiritual stability and overcome the world. So that we can partakers of divine nature

APPLICATIONS:

We have to increase our knowledge on knowing God and get closure to him so that we can experience his power and divine nature
We have to mediate his word of God and remember his promises every day

PRAYER :

Heavenly Father please give us more knowledge and wisdom to understand you more and more so that we can experience your love and divine nature.
Re: II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) [message #693 is a reply to message #691] Tue, 05 March 2019 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature)

Observation

God created us to serve him and to worship him and to have a fellowship with him.
Lord God had his glory and Christ Jesus showed his grace to us.
when we live in this word through his grace then in eternity we can able to stand in his glory.
when we live with sinful desire then our soul get corrupted and we could not able to experience his divine nature.
with out his grace we can not live a divine/godly life in this world.
God blessed us with many promises. It is up to us to claim those promises so that we can be part of his divine/godliness.

John 4
23 Jesus replied, "All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.

Philippians 4
13 For I can do everything through Christ,[d] who gives me strength.

Application
We should claim his great promises in our life
we need his grace to live on this sinful world
God wants us to be part of his glory

Prayer
God help us to claim your promises and live a life through your grace to stand in front of your glory.
Re: II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) [message #694 is a reply to message #691] Tue, 05 March 2019 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arul is currently offline  Arul
Scripture:
2 Peter 1: vs 3. According as His divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that has called us to glory and virtue:

vs 4: Whereby (by means of) are given unto us exceedingly great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust

Observation:
God through CHRIST has already given us His children who are born again all that we need - for life on earth (meeting our needs, blessings not necessarily affluence, peace, healing, protection) and Godliness (fruitful living - spiritual, transforming into Christ). This we can only know what is given to us through the knowledge of Him. Who is Jesus, what is His nature, what has He done for me. What is the ministry of the Holy Spirit. For example vs 2 reads "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord". Shallow understanding will be like a house built on sand. We need to be built on the rock which is Jesus. Also Jesus mentioned about the sower and the seed. Good ground - where the roots are deep "But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

Born again life needs to be lived out in FAITH. Hebrews 11:6a "Without faith it is impossible to please God..". Hebrews 11 is how all the Godly examples livied there life in faith. So as vs 4, We are great and precious promises, so we through these in faith become partakers of the divine nature of God (Holy Spirit filled life), escaping the worldly (fleshly) desires and life.

Application:
I need to work my salvation with trembling and fear. Studying the word of God and rely on the Holy Spirit to teach me the things of God. John 14: 26"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Prayer: God thank you opening our eyes and hearts. Enable us to see who we are in Christ and may we be a transformed in to the image of Christ by submitting and obeying you. You be glorified through us. In the strong name of Jesus I pray. Amen
Re: II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature) [message #695 is a reply to message #694] Tue, 05 March 2019 21:03 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture:
Confirm Your Calling and Election

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

Peter here talked about the calling of every believer which is a godly life with Christ's character.

Knowing Father God and Jesus Christ is the eternal life. The greatest promise that Jesus given to us is to share the Glory that He received from Father [John 17:3,22]

Observation:
We have many great promises in New Testament to guarantee a godly life and to partake in God's nature which are the characteristics of Lord [Eg: fruits of Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22,23]. Those who belong to Christ will possess these attributes.

Some of the promises listed here are:
1) Romans 6:14 - For Sin shall not have dominion over you.
2) I thessalonians 4:7,8 - Holy Spirit helped us to live a holy life. As per I Thess 5:23 - May our Lord sanctify us completely and present us blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus
3) Jude 1:24 - Now to Him who is able to keep us from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy
4) I Peter 5:10 - God who called us to His glory in Christ will himself restore, confirms, Strengthen and establish us
5) I John 3:2 - We shall be like Christ, when he appears

Application:
Through faith we have to hold on to these promises and inherit Christ's nature. Looking to Jesus who is our author and perfecter of our faith, who endured the cross.

We ought to live a humble and obedient life to the point of death just like Christ [Philippians 2:8]

Prayer:
Dear Father, help us to partake in Christ's nature and fill us with Your Holy Spirit that reveals the mind of Christ.
Previous Topic: Matthew 5:20 (Righteousness of Pharisees & Scribes)
Next Topic: Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:03:16 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04632 seconds