HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] (Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss])
Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] [message #696] Tue, 05 March 2019 22:18 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Re: Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] [message #697 is a reply to message #696] Mon, 11 March 2019 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURE

- This is a Prayer from Prophet Habakkuk
- Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of Loss

OBSERVATION:

Habakkuk is starting the chapter with frustration and complaint

How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, "Violence!"
but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4.Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted.

But while ending the Book with Rejoice and thanking the lord. Instead of complaint he understood God's nature and ready to go through the problems and
he started believing that Lord is his strength and he can overcome the problems.

APPLICATIONS:

- Rejoice in the lord even though we are struggling or going through problems.
- God will make our feet like deer's to overcome

PRAYER :
Heavenly Father, Give us strength to make our feet like the deer's so that we can overcome the problems and will rejoice in you all the time.

Re: Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] [message #698 is a reply to message #696] Mon, 11 March 2019 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: 17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
(Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss)

OBSERVATION: My understanding in this scripture portion is, Habakkuk was writing to say that we should be joyful and be faithful to God even though the situations are not favoring and the things in the world are entirely changing and are not happening as they should be or as we planned.

We need a spiritual Joy and freedom amidst this worldly disasters thinking that he is our strength to go through the circumstances which are not favourable and painful.
Our focus should be on our salvation and not on the things that are material.

As we decide to take his word and believe that God is our salvation and he is the only hope for our eternal life, we will have Joy and in his strength we will have an assurance that God can make our paths straight to be eligible for a heavenly citizenship.

APPLICATION: 1. I need to depend on his strength and be joyful always whatever the circumstances I go through.

2. I need to understand that Salvation is the only way to eternal life.

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, please give me the strength to face any circumstance in the life that I live in the world and give your grace to be Joyful and rejoice in you only. AMEN.

Re: Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] [message #699 is a reply to message #696] Tue, 12 March 2019 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture

Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss]

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,nor fruit be on the vines,the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;he makes my feet like the deer's;he makes me tread on my high places.

Observation

Fig tree blossom, vine fruits, olive produce, fields yield,
all the above are seasonal. we know that it will happen and we believe in that.
Habakkuk says Even all these things not yet happen, but we have to be joy in our god.
If that is the case then how much we should have believe our god when all told changes still happening!
Because our god provide us salvation from the sin. So trust in lord and get strength to move our life.
Then whatever happens we never get fear of anything. God will take care of everything.

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 1:3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

Application

We should put our trust in our lord.
We should rejoice in the Lord.

Prayer

Lord god you are my strength and I will rejoice in you through out of my life.
Re: Habakkuk 3:17-19 [Rejoice in the Lord in the midst of loss] [message #700 is a reply to message #696] Tue, 12 March 2019 21:08 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture:

Habakkuk, the prophet talked to himself about the coming judgement for his people through babylonian empire. Also, he got enough faith to proclaim that God is the Lord of our Savlation.

Habakkuk prayer and his inference toward's God's judgement and His plan is simlar to Jonah's (warning and revial to Assyrian city, Nineveh) reasoning and Asaph's questioning towards prosperity of wicked people (Psalm 73)

Observation:
God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts are not like our thoughts [Isaiah 55:9]. Our Lord also reminded Habakkuk that He is doing work that he would not believe, even if told [Habakkuk 1:5(b)]

Our Lord ordains everything [Lamentation 3:37,32] even the punishments for our sin. But though He cause grief, He will have compassion according to the abundance of His steadfast love.

Also, God's child cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven [John 3:27]

Our Lord is a faithful and promise keeping God. We are confident that He[God] who began a good work in us will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. [Philippians 1:6]

Application:
Just like David, even if we are led through valley of the shadow of death we should have complete trust in our Lord that He will lead us to safety. [Psalms 23:4]

Regarding God's provision, Paul learned to live in abudance and need. He had such a faith that he confessed that he will do all things through Him who strengthens.. [Philippians 4:12-13]

When lot of disciples turned and walked away from Jesus because of strong preaching, Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life? [John 6:68]

With the above references, we should exhibit full faith in our Lord irrespective of our conditions and circumstances.

Prayer:
Lord, please help / strengthen us to trust in you all through the very end of our Life on this earth. Nothing shall separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord [Romans 8:39]
and thanking our Lord for keeping us in His fold.
Previous Topic: II Peter 1:3-4 (Partakers of Divine nature)
Next Topic: Habakkuk 2:2-3 [Righteous shall live by faith]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:56:26 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07298 seconds