HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] (Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith])
Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #730] Tue, 23 April 2019 22:05 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.
Re: Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #731 is a reply to message #730] Mon, 29 April 2019 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURES

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you. - Luke 17: 5-6

-Jesus is preaching to disciples
- Increase our faith

OBSERVATIONS:
our Lord never rebuked people for having too much faith, but He often rebuked those who had little faith! Jesus said to talk to the tree and tell it to move. Faith must be put to work because faith without good works is dead.
When we struggle against life's injustices and wrongs, we are reminded that the good work we do is a gift from God. That gift is sufficient to enable us to do what needs to be done to further God's dominion on earth. Faith is putting one foot in front of the other and walking toward a future we do not see but trust that God is working. Faith is heading out the door every day looking for opportunities to do God's work in the world.

APPLICATIONS
When it comes to obeying Jesus, full faith is needed. If we want to increase our faith, we must understand what faith is, and we must be rightly motivated in wanting to see our faith increase.
- Please God
- Good works of love
- Good Prayer Life
-Live by Faith
God wants to strengthen our faith through the hardships He allows into our lives. God works in all kinds of circumstances, among all types of people, in all kinds of situations

PRAYER
Heavenly father, help us to increase our faith. Give us strength to overcome our struggles and hardships through faith.
Re: Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #732 is a reply to message #730] Tue, 30 April 2019 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture

Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #730]
5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" 6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

Observation

If you have faith you can do miracles.

Matthew 13:58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.

If you have faith you can experience miracles.

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

If you have faith all are possible.

Matthew 14:31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

If you have faith you do not have doubt about god!

God expect us to have little faith. Then only he can do wonderful things in our life. when we have faith, we get peace and freedom and finally eternity.

Application

As a follower of Christ we should have strong and steadfast faith in our god.

Prayer

Lord god help us to increase in our faith day by day.
Re: Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #733 is a reply to message #730] Tue, 30 April 2019 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arul is currently offline  Arul
Scripture:
Luke 17: 5, 6
5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"
6 And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.

Observation:
Jesus also said in Mathew 8:26 ""You of little faith," Jesus replied, "why are you so afraid?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it was perfectly calm."

Mark 9:23-25 And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."

Mathew 13:58 And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

Mathew 17:17 "17 Then Jesus answered and said, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me."

Romans 4: 20 Yet he (Abraham) did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,

Unbelief is what we should NOT allow.

Application:

Take God at his Word.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit may i listen to you all time and fix my eyes and mind on you and not at my situation. In Jesus name. Amen
Re: Luke 17:5-6 [Increase of Faith] [message #734 is a reply to message #733] Tue, 30 April 2019 21:07 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture Luke 17:5-6 (Increase of Faith)

Jesus here was responding to Apostles question regarding the increase of faith. But Jesus responded that as long as we have a living faith even it is small as mustard seed, God works through that.

Jesus didn't answer how to increase their faith but instead He revealed that even small "live" faith is enough to command mountain and sea to obey.

Observation:
Jesus is the author and the finisher of faith. He demonstrates that through enduring the suffering and shame [Hebrews 12:2]

Without faith it is impossible to please God [Hebrews 11:6] since it is integral part of our Christian life style.

Righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith. Righteous shall live by faith since it will come in its appointed time [Romans 1:17 / Habakkuk 2:3-4]

We are born again to a living Hope to an inheritance kept in heaven and being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed. [I Peter 1:3-4]

Great Faith Vs. Little Faith

Persistent (great) faith demonstrated by the woman whose daughter suffered from demonic possession. Centurion who demonstrated great faith by trusting word of Jesus than even the presence of Jesus. [Matthew 15:28, Matthew 8:10, Luke 7:9]

Lack of complete faith (little faith) was revealed in disciples action when they encountered storm. It was also shown to us when disciples tried to drive mute and deaf spirit without any faith.
[Matthew 8:26, Matthew 17:20, Mark 9:19-29]

Children of Israel except Joshua and Caleb were unable to enter promise land because of unbelief [Hebrews 3:19]

Application:
We as children of God, need to believe in the Word of God since we have such a great cloud of witnesses revealed to us. We should have a living hope to enter into the eternal kingdom.
When He comes, will he find faith on the earth?

Prayer:
Lord, please help me to possess the faith that pleases You.

Previous Topic: Luke 8:19-21 [Family of Christ Jesus]
Next Topic: Romans 8:28 (All things work together for good)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:11:25 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07018 seconds