HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) (The Lord will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1))
The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) [message #739] Mon, 13 May 2019 16:02 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Then the Lord said to me, "Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my heart would not turn toward this people. Send them out of my sight, and let them go!
Re: The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) [message #740 is a reply to message #739] Mon, 13 May 2019 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
SCRIPTURE
Then the Lord said to me, "Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my heart would not turn toward this people. Send them out of my sight, and let them go! - Jeremiah 15:1

OBSERVATIONS :

God was asking Jeremiah not to pray for the people because of their disobedience.Although centuries earlier Moses had interceded for the disobedient people (Exodus 32:31-34) and Samuel did so at a much later time (1 Samuel 12:20-25) and both of them received a favorable hearing, this would not have been the case respecting the then-existing generation. Even if Moses and Samuel were standing before God , his "soul" or he himself would not have been inclined toward his people.

God has made a decision already about the outcome of these people.Once God made his decision, none of the prayers will change his decision. It is wonderful to have someone to intercede in your behalf, but there are some things that are set and God will not alter them for anyone.

APPLICATIONS :

Once we out from God's sight, it is very difficult to come back to his presence.
- Do according to God's Will
- We need to mediate his word of God and obey his commandments.
-Give God first for everything

PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, Please forgive all our sins and keep us in your presence all the time.
Re: The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) [message #741 is a reply to message #739] Mon, 13 May 2019 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nakkajohnk is currently offline  Nakkajohnk
SCRIPTURE: Jeremiah 15:1 ---- The Lord will not Relent

Then the Lord said to me, "Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my heart would not turn toward this people. Send them out of my sight, and let them go!

OBSERVATION: This verse is talking about the Lord God who is not pleased with the deeds of Jewish King Hezekiah in Jerusalem. The Lord God turned his helping hand away from the people of Jerusalem as they are not obeying the law of Lord that was given through Moses. Lord is angry for their transgressions. Even the Moses and Samuel come and plead for the deliverance of the people, the Lord is not going to accept their request.

Moses and Samuel were both known to be great men of intercession. When we look at the verses from Psalm 99:6-8,
6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
Samuel was among those who called on his name;
they called on the Lord
and he answered them.
7 He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud;
they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.

8 Lord our God,
you answered them;
you were to Israel a forgiving God,
though you punished their misdeeds.

And also several attempts by Jeremiah for deliverance of the people through his prayer were not accepted by God because their fate of judgment and exile was already certain.

This was written in the verses of Jeremiah 7:16 -- "So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you
Jeremiah 11:14 ---- "Do not pray for this people or offer any plea or petition for them, because I will not listen when they call to me in the time of their distress.
Jeremiah 14:11 ---- Then the Lord said to me, "Do not pray for the well-being of this people.

From the above verses we can understand what is God's expectation from us and what is our way of showing the obedience to his will.

APPLICATION:

I need to check whether I am doing his will and obeying his laws?
I need to be prompt in doing his will and always be in touch with him through my prayers and meditating his word every walk of my life, even though I face challenges in my day to day life or even my life is going very well I need to cling onto him and his promises.

PRAYER: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you giving me this time to meditate your word and to know about the real meaning of obeying your Law. Please help me through the Holy Spirit to depend more on you even the situations change. AMEN

Re: The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) [message #742 is a reply to message #739] Tue, 14 May 2019 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripture
The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1)

Observation
When Moses lead Israelite from Egypt, they murmur and turn away from god many times and ended up not seeing the promised land.
When Samuel was ministering Israelite, they did the same wicked things and made god angry.

Jeremiah 11:
3 Tell them that this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Cursed is the one who does not obey the terms of this covenant-- 4 the terms I commanded your ancestors when I brought them out of Egypt, out of the iron-smelting furnace.' I said, 'Obey me and do everything I command you, and you will be my people, and I will be your God. 5 Then I will fulfill the oath I swore to your ancestors, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey'--the land you possess today."

But Israelite were stubborn of their evil hearts.

10 They have returned to the sins of their ancestors, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both Israel and Judah have broken the covenant I made with their ancestors.

Application

Never ever turn away from god.

Prayer

Lord we want to serve with all of our heart, strength, mind and soul.
Re: The Lord Will not Relent (Jeremiah 15:1) [message #743 is a reply to message #742] Tue, 14 May 2019 20:57 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Scripture: The Lord will not relent (Jeremiah 15:1)
Here the Lord spoke to Jeremiah about the Israelites who rejected Lord. It also talks about Lord's judgement to the un-repented people.

Observation:
Lord identified to us the two of great intercessors in the Bible, Moses and Samuel.

Moses prayer recorded in Exodus 32:32 ( But now, if you will forgive their sin--but if not, please blot me out of your book that you have written.")

Samuel's prayer for Israel from I Samuel 12:23 (Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way.)

Lord, again commended the righteousness of Noah, Job and Daniel by declaring in Ezekiel 14:20 (Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, declares the Lord God, they would deliver neither son nor daughter. They would deliver but their own lives by their righteousness.)

Lord pronounced judgement to un-repented sinful souls.

Our Lord is a loving and caring father. In Isaiah 1:18, Lord asked people to come and reason together. Though their sins are like scarlet they will turned to white as snow, though they are red like crimson they will turn into wool.

The Lord when he introduced Him to Moses as per recorded in Exodus 34:6 talked about His love as " The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 7 keeping steadfast love for thousands,[a] forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation."

Application:
Lord wants man to do what is right, to love mercy and to walk humbly with Him (Micah 6:8). Lord has given Holy Spirit to live a Holy life (I Thessalonains 4:7) and bring it to remembrance the things what Jesus taught. (John 14:26)

We should not make our Lord regret to the situation like the one mentioned in Genesis 6:5, " The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart"

Prayer:
My prayer is to have our Lord sanctify me completely, and may the whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of my Lord Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 5:23)

Previous Topic: Romans 8:28 (All things work together for good)
Next Topic: James 4:7 (Submit to God)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:26:57 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04404 seconds