HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] (1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality])
1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] [message #893] Tue, 01 September 2020 20:50 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by [a]Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have [b]fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

The Risen Christ, Our Hope
12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up--if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have [c]fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

The Last Enemy Destroyed
20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have [d]fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 September 2020 20:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] [message #894 is a reply to message #893] Tue, 08 September 2020 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATION
Jesus Christ who is God, became man, suffered and died, was buried, but rose from the dead to redeem us (to bring us back to God)
It is very important that Jesus rose from the dead; that there is a resurrection of the dead because Jesus did it! If Jesus didn't live again, Christianity would just be a hoax! We as Christians believe in the reality of God who is life eternal because Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Jesus Christ is alive!!

9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.- Romans 10:9
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; - John 11-25

All four gospels record the resurrection. Jesus in the gospels spoke about the resurrection. The book of Acts records the history of the preaching of the resurrection, that He arose from the dead in physical form, and so shall those who put their trust in Him. The epistles give us the explanation and the implications of the resurrection. The book of Revelation tells us where we're going to be in our risen form in the glories of the New Heaven and the New Earth that will be established by the risen Christ.

APPLICATION:

With the resurrection our life, our faith, our proclamation, and our gospel became the only truth in the world. We may have problems, we may have trials but this is the best life in this world.
we will live with Christ forever. The moment We die, We will be with Jesus. Therefore, we will see our loved once in heaven and have fellowship with them. What a glorious hope we have through Jesus.
Re: 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] [message #895 is a reply to message #893] Tue, 08 September 2020 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
SCRIPTURE
1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality]

OBSERVATION

Paul talks about christ, his resurrection and gospel.
christ has died for our sins and has risen on the third day. Many people witnessed his rise.
Even today we are his living testimonies that christ is in us as holy spirit.

Though paul did mistakes in his past he was one of the great personality in bible who lived his life for preaching gospel of christ and finally paid his life for that. But Paul still believed in grace of god.
we also put our faith and hope on christ becasue by his resurrection Christ had victory over sin.
If we are still in sin it means we did not believe in christ victory over the sin.

APPLICATION
Gospel is same for everyone and it needs to be preached to everybody in this world
we need to long and pray for the grace of god
christ is our only hope and God want us to action on his faith

James 2:14-17
Faith and Deeds
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
Re: 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] [message #896 is a reply to message #893] Tue, 08 September 2020 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Scripture : 1 Corinthians 15 : 1 - 28

Observation : Without Jesus's resurrection Christianity is meaningless as Christ would have been deemed as someone who has martyred that what Paul states in verse 13 that our preaching will be useless and so is our faith. More than that we would have become liars as he states in Verse 14.
If Christ was raised then we would have been still in sins and we would not have been redeemed. Christ's resurrection is the greatest hope since in Adam all die but in Christ all will be made alive. In verse 28 we read the Glorious submission of Jesus to God is an example that we need to do is to submit ourself to Jesus.

Application : We should not hope on God just for the earthly things but on the heavenly and greater things which God has called us for. We should not live not like the world thinking that there is no life after death but our greater hope we gained through Christ's resurrection so we should live as Jesus lived so that we can resurrect when Jesus comes back which is the greatest hope for any Christian
Re: 1 Corinthians 15:1-28 [Risen Christ, Faith's Reality] [message #897 is a reply to message #896] Tue, 08 September 2020 21:34 Go to previous message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:

1) Christ's life, death, burial and resurrection is the foundation of our Christian belief and we should be in a position to defend what we believe as we see in 1 Peter 3:15, always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
Resurrected Christ was seen by His apostles, 500 hundred brethren at once, James and various people at different times and occasions. Because of such an assurance, Apostles went through lot of sufferings and labors to defend the faith and preach the gospel.

2) Jesus declaration that He is the resurrection and the life before He raised Lazarus from the tomb. Whoever believes in Him shall never die as in John 11:25. That is the only hope that we have as the children of God.

3) After conquering the last enemy that is death, Jesus declared in Matthew 28:18, And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Also, Romans 14:9, For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
Application:

Jesus said, because He live, we will live also [John 14:19], that is the living Hope because God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you. [1 Peter 1:3]

We are the living testimony because of the resurrection and if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [d]through His Spirit who dwells in you. [Romans 8:10,11]

Prayer:
Dear Lord, keep us in the living Hope as you are going to transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to Your glorious body, [Philippians 3:21]
Previous Topic: 1 Corinthians 14 [Prophecy and Tongues]
Next Topic: 1 Corinthians 15:29-58 [Resurrection & Final Victory]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:17:28 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03939 seconds