HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ] (2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ])
2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ] [message #921] Tue, 03 November 2020 21:58 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a [c]door was opened to me by the Lord, 13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I did not find Titus my brother; but taking my leave of them, I departed for Macedonia.

14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us [d]diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not, as [e]so many, peddling[f] the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.
Re: 2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ] [message #922 is a reply to message #921] Tue, 10 November 2020 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
Scripts:

12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a [c]door was opened to me by the Lord, 13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I did not find Titus my brother; but taking my leave of them, I departed for Macedonia.

14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us [d]diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those
who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? 17 For we are not, as [e]so many, peddling[f] the word of God;
but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.

Observation:

Paul talks about apostles and their ministry

Apostles have been raised by God and not by themselves, they are devoted to god in their life and they became the great servants of God in history.
Apostles have the ability to save or perish the life of their followers. So Apostles have to save lives and make disciples for Christ, not for themselves.
we should not preach the gospel for maternal benefits. we should not fond of worldly praise. If we do then we are false prophets.

Acts 4:33
With great power, the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all

God has to give his wisdom and strength to carry his ministry in this world.
Do we have the fragrance of Christ in our life or not, do we have the aroma of holiness/life or aroma of sin/death within us.

Application:

we believe that
God who always leads us in triumph in Christ. when we are in christ also he diffuses the fragrance of his knowledge and wisdom through us.
We should not be peddling the word of God, we should serve the Lord with sincerity.

Prayer

Lord, we want to be the fragrance of Christ by spreading his gospel and characteristics to others.
Re: 2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ] [message #923 is a reply to message #921] Tue, 10 November 2020 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATIONS:
He came with the intent of preaching the Gospel, and God was faithful to open a door for him to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Paul rejoiced for the fruitful ministry at Troas and the provision of God in providing opportunities to preach.If we will determine in our hearts to serve the Lord and share our faith with others, God will be faithful to provide opportunities to do.

God's Favor -Paul had dealt with adversity, and yet he was not discouraged. He praised God for His favor, knowing he was always triumphant in Christ.Regardless of what we face in life or ministry, we can always be optimistic in Christ. We are victorious through Him, even in the face of difficulty!

God' Faithfulness : Paul's plans may have changed, but the Lord remained faithful unto him. God provided opportunities for Paul to share the Gospel, and the good news of Jesus Christ was going forth unto those who had yet to hear.We need to be reminded of God's faithfulness to His Word and His commitment to the lost and perishing.

Our Fragrance : Paul remained optimistic because he knew the sweet fragrance faithful service emitted. His commitment to the Lord provided a sweet fragrance to the Lord and to those with whom he came in contact. His life made an impact on others.

APPLICATIONS:
- Always Christ centered preaching
- God is faithful even we are going through difficult times
- God's favor will bring opportunities in our life
- These days are not for the faint of heart, but we can make a difference for Christ.
Re: 2 Corinthians 2:12-17 [Triumph in Christ] [message #924 is a reply to message #921] Tue, 10 November 2020 20:54 Go to previous message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Observation :
We see in v12,13 about Paul's eagerness for fellowship with fellow brothers even though got had an open door in Troas. In v14 Paul is very clear about our life here on earth that it should victorious no matter what the situation is. In old testament we read about the incense which people used to bring to the tabernacle in new covenant we ourself are the incense which brings the aroma. He talks being incense to God first then to those who are saved leading to life and then to those who are perishing leading them to death.
Finally Paul talks about many who are using the word of God for making profit by making it pleasing to men but on the contrast we should preach the word of in sincerity as are speaking in the sight of God
Previous Topic: 2 Corinthians 2:1-11 [Forgiveness]
Next Topic: 2 Corinthians 3 :1-6 (Christ Epistle and The Spirit)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:51:27 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06359 seconds