HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] (2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy])
2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] [message #987] Wed, 03 February 2021 13:44 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
11 O Corinthians! [c]We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what [d]fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what [e]communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[f] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty."
Re: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] [message #1019 is a reply to message #987] Tue, 09 February 2021 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
SCRIPTURE
2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy]
11 O Corinthians! [c]We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what [d]fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what [e]communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[f] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty."

OBSERVATION
keep your hearts wide open to the god not to the world
Do not restrict yourself towards god, restrict/limit yourself from worldly things.
Ministers and church has to be open hearted.
There are differneces between believer vs non believer, righteousness vs lawlessness, light/dark, Christ/Belial, temple of god/idols
You are the temple of the living God

Romans 8:39
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

if we separate us from this world then no one can separate us from god.

APPLICATION

worldly affections will restrict/limit us from god,
we are son and daughters of god. we are the temple of the living God
for gospel sake we can fellowship with unbelievers, not worldly, you have to face challenges

Prayer

Lord Almighty separate us from this world and keep us to be clean
Re: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] [message #1055 is a reply to message #987] Tue, 16 February 2021 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATIONS:

- It is also hard to determine where to draw lines from time to time, but lines must be drawn. These verses are applied to various sorts of alliances (e.g., mixed marriages, improper business associations)
-"Sanctification is also used in NT of the separation of the believer from evil things and ways. This sanctification is God's will for the believer, and His purpose in calling him by the gospel; it must be learned from God, as He teaches it by His Word, and it must be pursued by the believer, earnestly and undeviatingly.
-This is a condemnation of all intimate relationships with non-believers. We are not to be bound by marriage, business partnerships, or close friendships. The negative impact will always bring the higher down to the lower.
-This does not mean we avoid them at all cost, we have to love them and care for them and let the light of Christ shine abroad in our hearts. To help to lead them to Jesus.
-In times past God dwelt in tabernacles and temples built by the hands of men but now God dwells in the hearts of men. The saved are His temple now:

APPLICATIONS:

-Come out: to start the processes we must be willing to leave the old life behind and be separate.
-Leave those former things behind, those things that will make us unclean. There were many laws given on this in the Old Testament (unclean animals, dead bodies, women during their "time of the month", etc.) but we are given new guidelines in the New Testament.
--This covers every wicked thought we have. We need to remember we will be judged on every wicked though and idle word spoken.
- And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.- 1 Thess 5:23-24
Re: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] [message #1056 is a reply to message #1055] Tue, 16 February 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Observation:

Holiness means "set apart" for the LORD. 1 Peter 2:9 says, But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises [excellence] of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; Also in Isaiah 43:7 talks about similar things in Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him." Also, Lord is Holy [1 Peter 1:16] and without holiness no one will see LORD.

We are the temple of God and we host the Spirit of Living God. Love of has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. [Romans 5:5] God sent the Spirit of His son into out hearts crying out "Abba, Father" to have the relationship with our Father God. [Galatians 4:6]

Application:

Those who are in flesh cannot please God. Hence, we should walk in Spirit who dwells in us and that will make us Holy.

Anything / Anyone that we call idol do not give glory to the LORD. As stated in 1 Samuel 15:23, And insubordination is as reprehensible as false religion and idolatry.
Obedience to our Lord will give glory to the LORD. while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, [2 Corinthians 9:13]
Re: 2 Corinthians 6:11-18 [ Be Holy] [message #1057 is a reply to message #1055] Tue, 16 February 2021 21:42 Go to previous message
isaac is currently offline  isaac
Observation : In this passage Paul talks about living a life dedicated to God and mixing with unbelievers and unlawful people. We should remember we not from the world but not of the world. In the beginning God was the one who separated light from darkness so we need to remember if we are of the light we cannot be mixed with darkness.

Application : We should remember we have a special calling once we become the believers of Jesus so we need to reflect Jesus. Though Jesus interacted with unbelievers yet he did not mix with them so we should be careful of our act and ask God for guidance in each of our acts.
Previous Topic: 2 Corinthians 6:1-10 [Marks of Ministry]
Next Topic: 2 Corinthians 7:1-16 [The Corinthians' Repentance]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:18:40 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05007 seconds