HIPM Forum
HIPM Forum

Home » Bible Study » Men's Bible Study » James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] (James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials])
James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] [message #1190] Tue, 02 November 2021 22:05 Go to next message
john.svk is currently offline  john.svk
Loving God Under Trials
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
Re: James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] [message #1191 is a reply to message #1190] Tue, 09 November 2021 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mohandoss is currently offline  mohandoss
OBSERVATION
-Sources of Temptation: Satan, Own evil desire, Temptation from World
- For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. Galatians 5:17
-Blessed is the man who endures temptation
-God cannot tempt anyone and temptation does not comes from God
-Pagan gods sinned themselves but Our GOD is Holy
- Satan's Goal " :The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.- John 10:10
-James Warning : James warns us of the consequence of giving into our desire, which is falling into sin. When we say "Yes" to the desire to do what we want, instead of trusting God and obeying him, sin is born. Then sin grows up and produces death;
- How to overcome temptation :But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."- Acts 1:8
Application
How to avoid Deception?
- Be Alert and watchful( 1 Peter 5:8)
- Know and Do the Word of God (Mat 4:4)
-Guard your heart (Proverbs 4:23)
-Stay Humble (Proverbs 27:17)
Re: James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] [message #1192 is a reply to message #1190] Tue, 09 November 2021 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cpchellaa is currently offline  cpchellaa
SCRIPTURE

James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials]

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

OBSERVATION

We need to love our god in midst of everything.
with his we can with stand temptation of this world. Those who stay in his love till the end can swear the life of crown. we need run for our race till the end of our life.
God is not sending any evils to us. so never ever accuse our god. Instead becasue of original sin we get tempted by this world or by own and fall into sin.
Temptations/desires leads to sin which leads to death but gods love leads into holiness which leads to eternity.
god never put anyone on test, we get tested because of our temptation. we fall into traps and trails

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Mark 14:38
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Luke 22:40
On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation."

APPLICATION

Do not be deceived by this world
all goodness comes from above, from the Father, he is unchanging, he is same for ever
watch around you and pray to god in sprit

PRAYER

Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'

Lord god help us to stay in your love in midst of all our life conditions
Re: James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] [message #1193 is a reply to message #1192] Tue, 16 November 2021 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Observation:

1) Temptation here in this context talked about testing of one's faith, virtue or character by enticement to sin. (Equivalent to solicit to sin like the way Jesus was tempted by Satan as mentioned in Matthew 4:1-3) We are tempted because of our own desire and our Lord allowed us to go through the temptation in order for us to overcome.
Our Lord knows end from the beginning. He doesn't need to test us to know us. Temptation, testing through trial is for our own understanding on where we stand. (Isaiah 46:10)
We are going through trials / temptations because of the Sin of the world and curse that came because of that. (Genesis 3:17) Jesus told in John 16:33, In the world you have tribulation (distress, affliction, persecution) but take courage; I have overcome the world."

2) Our Lord is a good God and all good things come down from Him. Even when Moses wants to know the personality of God, Lord told him in Exodus 33:19 - "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

3) Bible says we are the kind of first fruit of His creatures since we are created in His image and anything that is first Fruit belong to God. (Leviticus 23:10) Lord also made mention of Israel as first born [Exodus 4:22]

Application:
Hebrews 4:15 says for we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us overcome the temptations through the strength of Lord Jesus and His Spirit.

In John 8:11,12 And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." 12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
So all good things are from the LORD and we should not condemn or pre-judge our Lord due to the circumstances in our life.
Re: James 1:12-18 [Loving God Under Trials] [message #1194 is a reply to message #1192] Tue, 16 November 2021 21:30 Go to previous message
Observation:

1) Temptation here in this context talked about testing of one's faith, virtue or character by enticement to sin. (Equivalent to solicit to sin like the way Jesus was tempted by Satan as mentioned in Matthew 4:1-3) We are tempted because of our own desire and our Lord allowed us to go through the temptation in order for us to overcome.
Our Lord knows end from the beginning. He doesn't need to test us to know us. Temptation, testing through trial is for our own understanding on where we stand. (Isaiah 46:10)
We are going through trials / temptations because of the Sin of the world and curse that came because of that. (Genesis 3:17) Jesus told in John 16:33, In the world you have tribulation (distress, affliction, persecution) but take courage; I have overcome the world."

2) Our Lord is a good God and all good things come down from Him. Even when Moses wants to know the personality of God, Lord told him in Exodus 33:19 - "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

3) Bible says we are the kind of first fruit of His creatures since we are created in His image and anything that is first Fruit belong to God. (Leviticus 23:10) Lord also made mention of Israel as first born [Exodus 4:22]

Application:
Hebrews 4:15 says for we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us overcome the temptations through the strength of Lord Jesus and His Spirit.

In John 8:11,12 And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more." 12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
So all good things are from the LORD and we should not condemn or pre-judge our Lord due to the circumstances in our life.
Previous Topic: James 1:9-11 [The Perspective of Rich and Poor]
Next Topic: James 1:19-27 [Doers of Word]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:27:51 ADT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04755 seconds